Friday, September 26, 2008

My ever lasting journey

Well.. its been forever i havent logged in , I even alsmot forgot about my blog.Although one thing reminded me of it its my passion for the dunk , so i continue to write and fill you (the public)with what could be useful to you .Right now I just started jumpsoles my vertical jump is great , i can dunk whenever im more consistent, now im just praticing coordination and and a few different dunks after seeing CITYSLAM 2008 it got me pumped up again to continue my training . My ultimate goal would be to to compete in CITYSLAM and to be the first to touch the top of the backboard sounds crazy and unrealistic but it has to be done one day and i plan to make that dream come true atleast in the near future hopefully. I don't have any videos since i still need a camcorder .

2 comments:

Ad said...

Hey, I like your blog. I have kind of the same quest, only that I can't dunk yet.

My Stats:
Volleyballplayer that wants to dunk!!
Age: 19
Height: 5'11''
Reach: 90 inch
Standing vert: 29 inch
Running vert: about 33 inch
I've never measured the exact rim heigth, but seems 10' to me...

I'm now in the 5th week of my own program(based on inet research, vjb and couple of exercises with self-made jumpsoles) and I've gained 1-2 inches, which is good I guess. I probably need a 38 inch vertical to dunk. What do you think are my chances?

Taking Flight said...

You have a great chance if you stay committed. My suggestion is do as many programs as you can there is eventually one that is going to be meant for you. Although, I don't think you should mix up the programs, since your a volleyball player you specialize already in some specific trainings that help certain part of your body and your vertical jump. Try doing 1 set of abs and push ups every night before you go to sleep it helps TRUST ME, whats a better workout then your own body weight. You start by doing 25 and then every week add 5 more reps.
Overall you have a good chance of dunking. god luck